9.27.2009

Focal Point Fashion

I've had a busy weekend of doing absolutely nothing with my friends! Camping out in apartments, ordering in, movie marathons, and discussions about upcoming projects and collaborations. I've had my nose buried in magazines and compulsively checking fashion sites/blogs trying to find inspiration.

In the October issue of Marie Claire I came across this image of Gucci's creative director, Frida Giannini. I'm freaking out over this sequin tunic. It's the length, the drawstring hem, v-neck, long sleeves, and the pairing with leggings and thigh high boots. It's an unexpected rock chic look that I can imagine Debbie Harry or Bianca Jagger styling in various ways. "I die, I die, I die!"


I was going through a Resort 2010 folder on my computer and found this Matthew Williamson look. How cool are these pants?!?!!? I like to incorporate my talented friends/family in my looks whenever possible, so I'm recruiting my mother once again! She's a jack of all trades so I've asked for her to not only make these pants for me, but to silk paint/dye the fabric. I love the effortless pairing of the top and cardigan. So anxious to get my own pair and start styling around them as the focal point.

No comments: