9.15.2009

J. Mendel Spring 2010

I hold the J.Mendel collection in high esteem. It is the one collection that I measure all others up to. The collection is always the definition of refinement, exquisite construction, and luxuriousness.


The draping and adornment on this dress is perfection. The toxic yellow color is to die for. "Bananas" for this dress. I'm all about contrast when it comes to color, so I would pair this with cobalt or fire opal booties.

This is exactly how I would style my mom for a Christmas cocktail party. No white after labor day, erroneous!!!!! Paired with a great pair of jet black lacquer shoes and keep the jewelry simple with glistening studs.

I saw this look and it reminded me of an updated version of Carrie's suit she wore at the court house to marry Mr. Big. The jacket and skirt proportion are perfectly in line and a great complement to one another.

I want one of my friends to get married in this dress. It's clean silhouette makes it fuss free but the detail at the waist is enough for any lady on her special day. I would send her down the aisle bouquet free in this gown.

The draping on this gown is out of this world. Attention to detail is never overlooked. The lightness and airiness to the dress make it even more appealing. I can only imagine how incredible it feels on!

This fur is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. It is equal parts soft and supple with a Fifth Ave lady meets down town hipster cut. I feel like this is such a freshness in fur when the trend has been vests or full sleeve coats. A happy medium that I am lusting for to transition from fall, to winter, and welcome into spring.

A shorter version of the previous coat, and another reason for an additional fur! I would rock this with dark bell bottom jeans, wedge heels, and a silk white billowy tank.

No comments: