9.22.2009

Do the Polka

I was surprised to see how toned down and, well... pretty Luella Bartley's collection was this spring. I'm used to seeing a bit more edge and this season it was more modern with a well edited and 5th Ave Sunday brunch image. With a nod to some sixties inspiration. For the last couple of days all I can think about is polka dots. I went to a 90's prom themed party this weekend and was dying for a polka dot top to finish my look (unfortunately/fortunately I ended up with a sequin top)!

Such a sweet dress...but to combat the cuteness factor I would wear this with a pair of combat boots. I like the look of a cognac boot, but would want to add some pyramid studs to toughen it up. Ok, maybe I'm just too used to Bartley's "regular" styling but it's all about contrast here.


I'm all about the shape of the top and the way it skims the hips. I would want to keep the volume simple on the bottom and pair it with midnight blue skinny jeans and Pour La Victoire Kelly green gladiator wedges.

No comments: