9.10.2009

Style Icon: Janelle Monae

One of my new current obsessions and style icons is Janelle Monae. I can't get enough of her current single, Many Moons and her style is an inspiring reworked Annie Hall. She pulls off menswear better than most men, but still has a feminine touch to her style. Her eclectic look and quirky personality keep the artist's style flirty, casual, and punctuated with old school undertones. Her hair is a whole other style aspect. I love that people are accessorizing their look with different hair styles. Monae's mohawk-bouffant is sure to start a new craze...a style I'm attempting to recreate..well incorporate into my Rihanna-esque do.




I'm lusting for a pair of saddle shoes now after seeing the Many Moons video. And an added cummerbund wouldn't hurt to incorportate into a few new looks.




No comments: