9.16.2009

H&M under $175

This evening I went to H&M on 59th and Lexington with my roommate Ariel to see what bargain goodies they are offering. We walked into the dressing room, our arms loaded down with merchandise and endless styling opportunities. Definitely walked away with some great purchases but when I got home I wanted to see what things I might have overlooked. H&M has an interactive site that I decided to take advantage of. I put myself to the challenge of creating a look for $175 or less. I got a little carried away in the process but this was my first look...


I love the shoulder structure on this sweater. It's a little Balmain inspired and has mounds of volume. At first I was put off by the color and pattern of the top but realized that it would be a great change of pace for my fall/winter attire. Unfortunately you can't see it, but the detail on these jeans is such a great departure from my everyday blues. The haphazard white stitching adds an extra dose of laid back casualness to my denim collection which tends to double as trousers. They have a relaxed straight slim fit that pair so well with the gray suede shearling boots. The total price for my look is $158!


Shopping takes twice as long for me cause I always scope out the men's section. They currently have so many great options that will work for men and women. I love a guy in jeans that are a little more tapered and slim at the hem but still baggy from the knee up. A took inspiration from DSquared and paired it with a plaid shirt and trash bag textured puffy vest. Love the look of a bowler so added that to finish the look...another Dsquared inspiration piece. The total price of this look was $148!

No comments: