9.28.2009

I Think, There FUR I Am!

Although I might be from the South where we barely have a season called winter, I am a Texan that has grown up loving fur. I think my strong affection started with the soft and luxurious feel of the fabric. Now living in NYC with a start to a growing fur collection, fur has a different meaning to me. It will always mean luxury and elegance, but it also represents art in the way designers create, longevity to collect for the future and purchase from the past, and bold statements.

(photo by style.com for J. Mendel)

J. Mendel is one of my favorite furriers. Season after season he constructs these gorgeous coats, jackets, and vests that exude the definition of glamour and sophistication. This coat feels like a New Years piece. I would wear it exactly how it's styled, almost as a coat dress, with tights, and over the elbow gloves. It's that classic, Breakfast at Tiffany's style that every girl dreams about.

(photo by style.com for Jenni Kayne)

Jenni Kayne is another designer who has a distinct way of designing fur. Kayne's Fall 2008 collection inspired my fox fur vest I received last year for Christmas. This fall I'm referencing back to that collection for this black cropped vest. It pairs easily with jeans and a silk blouse and spruces up the look of a plain dress.

(photos from Who What Wear)

I want a pet Flemish Giant Rabbit. It doesn't look it will happen anytime soon so until then I'll "settle" for one or both of these rabbit pieces. The first is a Phillip Lim cardigan. LOVE IT! I feel like a fur cardigan isn't something you see every season. It's a fresh furry alternative that would work perfectly for the weather we have been having recently. The rabbit beanie is so chic. I'm always looking for new head pieces and this fits the cozy bill!


(photo by style.com for J. Mendel)

What is not to love about this jacket. J Mendel turns it out season after season with luxurious supple furs.

(photo by style.com for J. Mendel)

The cut and color combination make this jacket seem a little more casual and street chic! Paired with a great pair of jeans and a bright colored shoe, you've knocked it out!

While I know I will regret this come January, I'm looking forward to the chilly winter months only for the fact of sporting fur. I've started my hunt for the season a little early this year. I have a rabbit fur muff on the way and I'm hoping to add a few more muffs in various colors along with a black cropped vest, and a mid length and full length coat! A bit ambitious but here we go!!!!

No comments: