9.16.2009

All For Vera

I'm loving Vera Wang's collection more than I ever thought imaginable. She has somehow found a way to make dressy cocktail still come across as casual sportswear. The looks of layered tulle and net overlay are gorgeous. The volume isn't overwhelming and still allows the body frame and shape to be revealed. The draping seems effortless and somehow made me forget the fact that the collection is always styled around a severely minimalist color palette.

Freaking out! I'm in favor of every aspect of this dress. The length, color, volume...everything is in perfect proportion. Normally I would prefer some sort of waist definition but paired with the necklace I couldn't ask for anything better.

The nude underlay is the perfect undertone for this dress. I love the simple silhouette. I feel like this could easily be worn with the same easy and comfort as jeans and a blouse. There are no challenges, gimmicks, or obstacles to the shape. It's simple, understandable, and relateable.

What is not to like about this skirt. I was hanging out with my friend Erin a couple weeks ago and she pranced in with the same look...(she might have been a bit more inventive reworking an old prom skirt into the same rocked out ballerina style). I like that the skirt doesn't like so pristine in the draping and the hem line is a little disheveled all the way around. I'm not going to look so crisp and clean at the end of a night of dancing so why start out that way to begin with!

The accessories at Vera's show were mind numbing. The intricately beaded spiderweb necklaces are elegant without being too sweet or precious. Clean enough to wear for a cocktail party but still enough pizazz to accessorize any lolly t-shirt.

No comments: