9.14.2009

A New Monarchy

I'm shocked at the number of designers showcasing neutral palettes that have a heavy hand in the khaki and beige family. I feel like spring is always the time for an expansive spectrum of new saturated colors so I was pleasantly surprised to fall in love with a monochromatic collection. Monarchy's Spring 2010 show sent me over the edge. I'm going crazy for the cropped metallic tops. It's the perfect combination and balance of rocker chic and city glam. The suede paper bag shorts are phenom! The collection presented a range of silhouettes from wide leg pants, skinny cigarette jeans, wide cuffed shorts, metallic tops in various cuts, and both cropped and long jackets, all in a sanitary but versatile tone. The collection is new on my radar, but one that I will be paying a lot more attention to. My own personal style is often schizophrenic and a hectic haphazard combination of edge and prep....Monarchy might have just solved all of my ensemble qualms. It has a lightness and sweetness to the collection that is offset with a refined hipster/rock influence.


I'm anxious to use this collection as inspiration for my look now and again in the spring.

Loving Iekeliene's platinum blond locks!

No comments: