9.23.2009

Becky's 90's Prom

One of my best friends/roommate/inspiration/stylist/design partner...ok you get the point, Becky moved to London on Monday. So in honor of her departure we had a 90's prom going away party Saturday night. As you'll soon see my friends and I are always game for a theme!

My dress experienced a little DIY and reworking. I found it at the Chelsea Flea Market and fell in love. I had planned on wearing it again, even after prom but last minute made a few alterations. Originally it was a strapless dress that had the same bold pattern and a HUGE black bow on back...to DIE for! I was helping a friend Saturday afternoon with his prom attire and stumbled upon this sequin top. As soon as I got home I cut off the top half of the dress and attached an old fuchsia elastic belt. Tucked in the sequin top and dropped it off one shoulder. I finished the look with the Christian Siriano black ankle booties Becky gave me as a bday gift!

If Becky wasn't cute enough she reworked the best prom dress! She found it at Cheap Jacks and did her own DIY to it.. Originally it had a lace overlay but it was a little too bridal and less prom. Problem solved! Becky cut the lace off and then with fabric paint wrote: New York, I love you! Love her and the dress! Come back!!!!

Some of my favorite girls!!!!!!

What's better than this?!?! I mean!!!!!!

And some of my favorite men clad is bow ties, suspenders, and a boutonniere! (unfort you can't tell from this pic but the tie on the far left is actually a fish, phenom)!!!!!!

No comments: