9.27.2009

Lone Star Style

Within my group of friends there is about 7-9 of us that are from Texas. Most of us connected through various friends once we arrived in NYC. You'll find this true of most Texans... We are proud of our Lone Star State! This weekend I met three more Texans, and this time they were from my hometown, San Antonio. Of course we were ecstatic to find more southern companions and people that can understand our appetite for greasy Tex-Mex. And at the end of the weekend I have come to find out that D&G seems to have a special place in their heart for the South!

I loved the parade of denim they sent down the runway. Overall I didn't really feel like that completely branched away from denim, pearl snap button downs, or tiered ruffle skirts but none the less I wasn't ever bored. However, when I saw the distressed denim strapless romper I did perk up and move to the edge of my seat. The collection was cohesive, almost to the point of repetitiveness, but I think still in line with the whole western trend that Hermes touched on with their Fall 2009 collection.

(all images from style.com)

No comments: