9.22.2009

Gentlemen of Bakongo

I have immense love and admiration for Paul Smith's collection. He's designs and aesthetic are always so sharp and on point, and the quality is at a standard that other designers need to aspire for. I'm constantly up to date on his men's collection and pull from it for styling purposes, but for some reason, I always forget to check out his women's collections. I got a chance to check out Smith's Spring 2010 collection that was inspired by Danielle Tamagni's photographs of the fashion-obsessed Congolese dandies called Sapeurs. Smith couldn't wait to reveal his collection during men's fashion week, so his menswear inspired collection hit the runway clacking in heels!

I love this dress, the color combo, the pattern, and especially the casual rolled sleeve. It looks like an over sized men's oxford that's been nipped in at the waist to give every frame a defined shape.

These two looks are both a little more sophisticated then I would normally wear but the primary colors and layering make it a look I could adapt. The yellow checker board cardigans, striped ties, belts, tailored blazers, all pieces that work great together and lend to unparalleled creativity for more looks to be created.

I'm all for these cobalt men's inspired wingtip shoes. The collection showed them in an array of colors from rust red, split pea green, and cognac. I recently purchased a pair of raw silk charcoal harem pants that I would love to wear with any of these wingtip shoes.

Becky, this has your name written all over it!!! Love love love...jump on it!

No comments: