3.06.2010

Wardrobe Diaries:: Copper the Fox

Last night I headed out to Union Hall to celebrate two of my friend's birthdays. All week I have felt totally uninspired when it comes to getting dresses in the mornings. So last night I opted to hit the other end of the spectrum. I had no boundaries, no inhibitions, no filter. I literally just kept pulling things out of my closet and throwing it on. I think I glanced at a mirror a few times and once as I left my apartment building. Walking to meet up with the boys down the street to catch the subway together, I was realized I dressed like a 90's club kid... Clearly inspired by my rejuvenated love and admiration for all things Richie Rich. Of course I'm a moron and didn't take a picture. However my new friend, thrifting soul mate, and fellow Dominicana, Mia, snapped this pic of us. She's cute as a button and has mad crazy style!... Love everything about her!

{image courtesy of Mia}

Not pictured WEARdrobe::
Jacket: thrifted DKNY tuxedo jacket
Shirt: F21 Run DMC tank
Skirt: eBay white tulle petticoat (Christmas present)
Tights: Rodarte for Target black lace tights
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless black booties (bday present)
Bag: black leather vintage clutch
Accessories: F21 sequin beret and glasses, eBay fox tail, vintage brooch, blue hair

Luckily Mia captured my fox tail! It is pinned under the lapel/collar of a thrifted tuxedo jacket with a vintage brooch I received for Christmas from mi madre. I really can't get enough of it, I've worn it all week attached to my purse, belt loop, or jacket. It's an inspired look from William Rast's fall collection that I posted about here. Officially crazed for more tails!

No comments: