3.14.2010

Kate the Great...

By now you are well aware of my love, respect, and admiration for Kate Lanphear. Not only is she the epitome of style but she has a vision and point of view that is inspiring and encouraging. I was sheltering myself from the rain this weekend and camped out at a friend's apartment with a stack of magazines, playlist of movies, and Peruvian food. I was paging through the most recent issue of Elle Magazine when I came across a spread called Anything but Ordinary. I looked at the first image and knew instantly who had styled the feature. I'm obsessed with the images and pairings. The feature is styled literally from head to toe (those blond ringlets)! I took some shoddy pictures with my phone so please excuse the quality.


I've been trying to talk my mother into making me khaki cape/trench hybrid like this forever. I love it!!!! Perfect for chillier spring weather.

In love with this look. Leather skirt that has the tail of a white button down peeking out at the bottom. How adorable!!!

There is my fox tail again! So glad that I have my very own to work with!

I don't think I've seen a fanny pack look this stylish ever!!! This image is all about reworking the way you wear basic items..sideways and around the neck/shoulders, DUH!!!!

So jealous of my friend that has a meeting with Kate tomorrow...but can't wait to hear details of how lovely she is!!!!

{all images Elle Magazine}

1 comment:

Caroline Trotter said...

I love this! Love your blog as well : ) I'd love it if you'd follow me back and check out my blog, ohsocaro : )