3.18.2010

Wardrobe Diaries:: Proenza Schouler Spring

I woke up this morning and it felt like the sun was shining brighter than ever. I was super excited to spend the day outside and inspired to find a new outfit to welcome the 60 degree weather. I was clicking through a folder of spring runway images and stopped when I came to this image from Proenza Schouler's spring collection. The collection was inspired from the duo's time at the beach when surfer girls literally dressed the part.

{style.com}

At first I turned my nose up at the shirt tied around the waist... thinking back to middle school days when it was cool to tie jackets and what have you, so you were hands free. I gave it a second thought and this is what I came up with....


I wore my oversized men's button down as a skirt. It was a little tricky to hide the collar bulk, but I quickly fell in love.

Cardigan: Rodarte for Target lace mustard cardigan
Shirt: Target black racer back tank
"Skirt": Thrifted men's button down shirt
Shoes: Target metallic strappy sandals
Accessories: Urban Outfitters Sunnies, Horn Necklace (unknown designer)
Bag: Oversized clutch...gift that just arrived from London last night... details soon!!!

No comments: