3.23.2010

Prints Charming...

{image from lefashion}

I'm pretty sure I'm preaching to the choir when it comes to this post, but I couldn't help but draw attention to Miu Miu's S/S collection. Who knew we would all love a print so much?! Lets be honest for a second, a pastel print for spring is nothing ground breaking. Look back a few seasons...Rachel Comey's F/W 08 had a heavy hand in an almost completely print designed collection. Why weren't we swooning and pining then?!?!

Clearly it's about timing, Miu Miu got it right as something fresh and new that the ladies want! I think it's also has to do with how feminine and girly the collection was with a hint of provocation. We've had a couple seasons of played up androgyny...Wearing over sized pieces, with boyfriend cut this/that. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the androgynous look, I'm guilty of wearing an over sized cardigan and boyfriend cut t-shirt right now. But as we welcome in the constant sunshine and warmer weather, I think our dbl X chromosomes are itching to be in flirty frocks every now and then.

The collection was designed and styled from head to toe. Who isn't trying to swipe up every last pair of the amazing printed clogs.

I DIE... BANANAS...SHUT IT DOWN... There really aren't too many things that can describe the perfection of the footwear. I've already expressed to you my obsession with clogs here, here, and here... but my love affair just hasn't seized. My big hopes, dreams, and fashion obsessions don't exactly match my small wallet so I've found a less expensive pair of Chanel inspired clogs. Before I was content on my one pair but now after reevaluating my love for the Miu Miu shoes, I might purchase two and try to DIY a pair of printed clogs. Hmmmmmmmmmm



{shoe images::style.com}

Who am I kidding?! I'm no shoemaker or designer!!!! But I'm going to try anyways!!!! It has potential to be a complete disaster, or it could turn out just as adorable as the aforementioned. Stand by for results!!!


No comments: