3.29.2010

Foodie Bits...

If you follow me on twitter, or know me personally, you are aware of the fact that I'm a bit of a foodie. Not too intense, but I love and appreciate a good meal...especially if it's homemade. When I'm in Texas my cuisine of choice is of course Mexican. Since living in New York I have found a special place amongst my taste buds for Korean. I think I could almost eat it everyday...every meal! I wasn't inspired to cook anything tonight (mainly cause of my lack of groceries) and I wanted something along the lines of comfort food. While lazily sitting on my couch trying to think of what it could be, it hit me... Bibimbop. There is a great Korean fusion restaurant (B-Bap) a few blocks from my apartment that I had forgotten about and neglected since last summer.

Ingredients:: white rice, beef, carrots, eggs, mushrooms, bean sprouts, seasonal veggies, and chili pepper sauce.

Here's a few images of some delicious dishes from my past....
::Hash Brown Casserole... Thanks to ERA's grandmother. My favorite Thanksgiving dish for the last two years!

::Tilapia pasta dish...Impromptu dinner when I was home for Christmas. I think it was tomatoes, olives, and lemon butter sauce.

I went to Maine last summer with a few friends and the food was as good as the scenery.
::Nathan and Victor made us pancakes as breakfast appetizers...Banana, chocolate, FRESH blueberry.

And what is Maine without a lobster boil?!

::Lobster, grilled corn on the cob, and blue cheese mac & cheese... Mac & Cheese has become my go-to dish for all potluck events. It's easy to adjust the recipe for portions and you can make it a zillion different ways.

For a better foodie inspired blog, please check out Beauty and the Feast...You will be fashionably inspired and hungry!!!!

No comments: