3.30.2010

What I Want Now...

I'm officially itching for more sunny spring weather. The buckets of rain the last couple of days have just been enough. Crossing my fingers for warm weather this weekend and trying to narrow down my wardrobe for the spring and summer. It's hard for me to explain the look and feel I have in mind. Somewhere along the lines of boho+industrial+feminine. Like I said, really hard to put into words so this is where the visual aids come in!

{style.com}

I loved the look of Isabel Marant's s/s collection. It was infused with bold hues, easy flowing silhouettes, and nomadic/bohemian accents (ie feathers and fringe). It has a laid back vibe that is still relevant to city living. And the boots, who doesn't love a Marant boot!?

{style.com}

I was greatly surprised at how much I loved the D&G collection. It was a strong departure from what they are known for, but still held onto the brand's provocation and sex appeal. Delicate lace and eyelets worn with distressed denim and leather. Since I saw the collection I have been mentally planning to pair my dad's old denim button up with a J.Crew eyelet hem dress, beat up cognac belt, and reworked cowboy boots. I can't wait for the warmer weather!!!!!! I adore the lace micro mini shirt dress with, once again, fringe boots.

I know this is just the beginning of my must have list, but this year I really want to keep a focused and edited look for an entire season. Did I just present a challenge to myself?!!? You lovelies might be holding me accountable!... TBD

1 comment:

Christina Elaine said...

I agree.... this season I want to have a super edited look.....

Thanks for sharing