3.15.2010

Burberry Year Round

{images from style.com}

I was clicking through images of Burberry's Fall collection...again, and couldn't help but long for another Fall season that is all about jackets and coats. After being in NY for a handful of fall/winter seasons, a jacket isn't just another layering piece but a necessity. All four of these jackets would integrate perfectly into my wardrobe. The fur (i'm hoping it's not faux) is just another great fluffy piece that is luxurious and warm. The cropped over sized leather jacket is stunning...and fur lined!!!! You got me UNCLE UNCLE!!!!! I would be tempted to wear this year round even though the weather doesn't permit. The cropped cream jacket is the ideal silhouette to literally throw over anything::skirts, dresses, jeans, shorts, you name it! So stinking adorable! The color and collar on the green is to die for! And I must say, these knee high boots, tons of buckles, lined in shearling=the epitome of the perfect, no, best winter shoe.

I was so inspired and excited for the fall collection, I decided to take a trip to the past (Spring 2010) and check out that collection. I was quickly reminded of the draped body con skirts I had stashed away in last season's folder. I loved the draping and ruching on the skirts. Easy to be dressed up or down, perfect for an assortment of fabrics, and essential to pair with feminine socks and clogs or wedges.
{images from style.com}

I spent a while focusing on this skirt. I tried to find a retailer in my vicinity so I could purchase it, and before I could give a second thought to throwing down the big bucks I found the answer. I found a DIY tutorial for the skirt. In the 5-6 steps, I knew it was meant to be and would save me a pretty penny (maybe for the brown fur coat)! Check out tutorial here...I'm sure you'll find some more inspiring and sensational projects and images from the very talented fashion savvy creative at her blog Fashion Infusion.
{image from fashion infusion}

No comments: