2.22.2010

I Love a Hasbeen

A couple months ago I wrote about Michelle Williams (here) and how much I loved the shoes she is wearing in the picture below. I didn't do a lot of investigating. Occasionally I would stop someone if they had a similar pair on and ask where they were purchased or something along those lines, but that was about the extent of my search. I think part of my assumed that Williams snagged the chunky boots during a trip to some remote location that I would never visit. As luck would have it I found them! I was at Barney's for work and waiting for a manager to return to answer a few questions. I was browsing the shoe department waiting and from the corner of my eye saw this clunky natural wood sole....
{people.com}

Could it be?!?!?!!? YES, I finally found them. The brand is called Swedish Hasbeens. A cheeky name for a company that is inspired by a Swedish glamour-puss named Anita. I've quickly fallen in love with the brand and all the different styles of clogs/shoes they produce.

These are the yellow knee high boots. They also come in an aqua or black and will run you $419 including shipping if purchased from the Hasbeen website.


I think the lace up boot might be my favorite. They are a little country bumpkin but still edgy and cool in a relevant way. Your options here are natural (above) or black/black (aka black wood sole). I can see these being a pair of year round shoes for me accompanying the likes of skirts, dress, jeans, and shorts alike. $363 including shipping

The high heeled jodphur is just too cute for words. It really runs an extremely close second to the lace up. The color options available make it a hard decision. I love the simple black, but the idea of a rich Burgundy or navy continues to loom over my head. These are also $363 including shipping.

I've quickly fallen in love with the brand and the idea of clogs in general. I think there will be a resurrection of clogs in the next season or two. If you look at some of the most recent shows you'll see that Rachel Comey had clogs for Fall 09 (I believe) and Proenza's FW 2010 had an interpretation of the classic 70's shoe. If you haven't already heard of Swedish Hasbeens you will. I simply googled the name and the brand is carried in Urban Outfitters and Free People currently. I'm dying for a couple different pairs of clogs, especially the slip in super high...craving for the summer to wear with light weight/transparent dresses.

{all images from Swedish Hasbeens site}

No comments: