12.01.2009

Melba Toast Monday...

It's back! I loved doing the feature last week so I'm bringing it back for round two! Interesting enough this weeks post is another scarf (of sorts). It must be the chilly weather that is inspiring the accessory.

I was clicking through a folder of inspirational looks when I stumbled upon this monochromatic chic toehead peddling through the Meat Packing District. I secretly love the all black ensemble with the feet being the dose of color and pop. Even with the bright, eccentric footwear, it was the layer upon layer scarf that I fell in love with. Immediately I started trying to think of which fabric would be best to recreate and make my own. Wool jersey?! Still an option! I'm impatient when it comes to just about everything in my life. Too inspired to sleep on the decision, I ran to my joke of a closet and pulled out an long jersey gray dress I purchased this summer at Target. Thought about the scarf for 30 seconds while holding said dress in hand and sat down at the kitchen table with a pair of scissors. I cut the dress just below the arm holes and there you have it.

It is a temporary fix but I haven't parted ways with it all weekend. Still debating on cutting up one of the side seams to have more options when it comes to wrapping it, but right now I'm loving the over sized and exaggerated effect it has...even a little apron like! Worn with:

Ernest Sewen men's DIY-ed jeans
American Apparel v-neck tee
Lela Rose cashmere striped cardigan
Forever 21 Leather Jacket w. Hood

No comments: