12.03.2009

High Tops...Mo Tops!

In the last six months my style and taste has evolved more than I ever thought imaginable. It could be that I stopped trying to put a label to my style and realized that I can dress as schizophrenic as I choose and at the end of the day still be me. I've never been one to wear high tops, low tops, tennis shoes of any kind for that matter. Aside from my converse I tend to lean towards boots, heels, and flats with an occasional sandal here and there. However recently I have been drawn to colorful, street credible, sneakers! My obsession hit an all time high with this Teen Vogue fashion spread. It went over the "I want them I need them oh baby oh baby" threshold when I saw this picture from a fellow blogger.

{le blog de betty}

I can't lie, I've been incredibly intimidated by the thought of sifting through the shelves of high tops. Trying to pick a color combo that I won't get sick of and integrates into my WEARdrobe with easy, not an easy thing to do. I was strolling through F21 last night killing time before meeting a friend for dinner when I stumbled upon these black glitter vinyl high tops. They fit the bill perfectly. Hopefully this will be a painless transition for me!

No comments: