12.19.2009

Après Baba

I'm channeling and styling around all things Catherine Baba. I'm convinced that she is one of the most stylish and iconic women I have laid eyes on. I'm lusting for everything that's in her closet and to strut around with the same confidence and style conviction she possesses.

In the last year I've started to acquire a small fur collection. It has quickly grown and last night I added my first mink into the assortment. My sister's mother-in-law passed this down to me. A decadent chocolate mink that once belonged to her mother-in-law! It's exactly what I've been longing for. A long fur to keep my warm and cozy during the current NY blizzard!



Ever since I saw this image of Baba I've been longing for my own kimono. I'm heading to the store later to find some suitable fabric, but in the meantime I've been wearing my Grandma Leila's kimono from her time living in Japan. I'm terrified to wear it out because of how delicate it is, but I can't get away from it's vibrant colors. Lounged around this afternoon in a head to toe Baba inspired look.

Turban: Urban Outfitters black sparkle jersey turban
Kimono: My Grandma Leila's (my mom's mom) from her time in Japan
Leggings: Black Ann Taylor Loft leggings
Top: Beige tank I borrowed from my mother
Belt: Vintage elephant belt
Sunnies: Old Gadzook I found in my closet
Necklace: A gift from an old client
Best Accessory: My dog Beau!!

No comments: