12.18.2009

Wardrobe Diaries: Double Denim Challenge

I woke up this morning determined to not let my distaste for some things in fashion defeat me. My dad was notorious for sporting the Canadian tuxedo so today I challenged myself to step into his shoes, or shirt, and see how bad it could really be.

Shirt: denim long sleeve shirt, now taken from my dad's closet
Jeans: Gap bell bottom jeans
Belt: Gap brown leather belt
Shoes: Steve Madden purple ruffle ankle boots
Jacket: F21 hooded leather jacket
Necklace: gift from Becky
Sunnies: early stocking stuffer from my mom

Not going to lie, I was a little insecure trotting around the city today with my mom running errands. I felt like everyone was whispering as I passed and pointing fingers. Then when I really thought about where I was I realized, "Uhhh hello, I'm in Texas and people wear their Wranglers and pearl snap button downs regularly." I passed by a mirror and walked away satisfied and proud of my double denim moment. I can't say this will be happening frequently, but it was a great first run!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aaah you look lovely. go the double denim. I've just about finished a year of wearing double denim very day.
Yes really