12.14.2009

Canadian Tuxedo

{img the sun}

One of my biggest fashion DON'Ts is denim on denim. I don't know when my frustrated relationship with double denim began, but as far as I can remember it's always irritated me, more than nails down a chalk board. A handful of friends constantly tease me about sporting their own Canadian tuxedo and at those moments I start breaking out in hives and my throat closes up. Apparently, despite my guttural reaction, the pairing is a Spring 2010 fashion trend. As I look through more collections, and even my own wardrobe I'm slowly coming around to the idea of pairing multiple blues. I know, I can't believe I said it and that I'm admitting/submitting to this ridiculousness. However, I still have some rules to set in place.

1- Do not match your denim. One piece should be light blue and the other in a dark indigo stained shade. Anything paired with colors too similar is outdated.

2- Style with bold/statement accessories. You have a plain, neutral palette to embellish upon.

Those are all the rules I have for you now! But I'm sure I'll post more as they come to me, as this is a sensitive topic for me :) Check out the video link below from Elle staffers on how they are tackling this trend for Spring.


Posted using ShareThis

1 comment:

Lauren said...

My thoughts are your thoughts. I am definitely coming around. http://undeclaredpanache.blogspot.com/2009/03/right-now-im-feeling.html