11.30.2009

Tote-ally!

What's In Your Bag?!
Birthday gift to myself two years ago!

My bag dumped out on the floor...minus the laptop!

*make up bag, 2 books, Dolce and Gabbana light blue pefume, Tarte lip gloss, pen, H&M sunglasses, Rescue Beauty concrete jungle nail polish, sequin change purse, Rihanna's new cd, psychedelic print wallet, and Louis Vuitton key chain, fish lighter (aka great convo starter and house sitting for Becky until she returns from London)*


I'm not much of a bag lady in the sense that I collect them. I tend to stay tried and true to one bag for as long as it will last me. Two years ago for my birthday I purchased a Marc by Marc totally turn lock tote and have recently realized it needs to be given a bit of a rest. It's the perfect bag for my life style. I carry my life in my bag which consequently looks as though I'm constantly toting around luggage with me. At any given time you will find absurd items like extra tights/socks, shoes, oatmeal or tea packets, fashion emergency kit, and an obscene amount of sunnies stashed in my bag. I'm always on the go so before I leave in the morning I'm stashing one last "just in case" item in my bag. I don't require a lot to take center stage as my "life carrier" but I do insist that you have:

1- a few different compartments
2- enough room to lug my laptop
3- a fun/interesting color/pattern

Spent a few minutes searching online for three totes that make my wish list at different price points!

Great by Sandie Fringe Tote
My favorite part of this bag is the wraparound fringe
Found at Shopbop
$578


Deux Lux Colorblock Tote
I love the color combination here and that fact that it can play double duty as a messenger bag.
$78

lululemon leather gym bag
For a gym bag this has to be one of the best. It is available in great colors and has storage and compartments like you wouldn't believe including a removable/washable dry pack to store dirty clothes/shoes. Enough room for my gym gear and laptop.
Found at lululemon
$78

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Mmm so my manager at work and I were chatting the other day about that second bag you posted (I work at Urban in the East Village), and we both agreed that we would like the bag more if the straps didn't have the exposed chain, but were rather completely covered in the "leather"...

Thoughts?

DESIREEGAITAN said...

loving dat blue one.

Coco Canal said...

Jamie, I think everything is better when it includes more leather or sequins!!!!

Jamie said...

Holler! ;)