12.24.2009

What Santa Isn't Bringing

All my Christmas shopping is complete and presents are under the tree. So with time to hang out and relax I'm initiating a few more DIY projects.

{people.com}
Who isn't lusting for the Commes de Garcon jackets that walked the fall runway? Tavi proved it's an easy DIY fix and I couldn't agree more. Headed out this weekend in search of a thrifted trench and a fashionable blanket. Can't wait to bundle up in this for the rest of the NY winter.

{the glamourai}
This is the first of many bibs I will be making. I've been turning the house upside down looking for more trinkets and knick knacks to adorn the necklace with. I love how casual you can wear this, but also how dressy it can be worn.
{nylon}
I fell in love with the jeweled tights and socks that showed up on the Miu Miu runway. In the last couple of months I've seen a handful of fashion savvy ladies turning out their own DIY jeweled leg wear and have been determined to make my own. I went for a quick Target run today and purchased a pair of thigh high black cable knit socks and black opaque leggings. I'll be sure to post pictures of my finished projects ASAP.
{style.com}


I've also been looking for new ways to wear some of my old favorites that are critically neglected! A couple months ago I went to lunch with a friend and was introduced to Jenny Kang, an associate market editor at Lucky. I saw this picture of her on the website as the look of the day and think it is absolutely genius and adorable. I have an extremely over sized white Marc by Marc button down I tend to only wear as a bathing suit cover up. Pairing with a sweater and tights is just too cute.
{lucky magazine}

This look I pulled for my friend Nate. He's creative in his work as well as his personal style. I saw this image of Beckham and thought, oh gosh this is so easy and Nate already has the majority of the components. The missing link is the over sized chunky cardigan. Both of us are keeping our eye out for one (or a few)! Love this look though....scruff and all!

{people.com}

1 comment:

GFS said...

Oh How I love David Beckham style! That baag is off the chain!