12.17.2009

Home for the Holidaze!

Yesterday I spent the day in airports and on planes making the trip home for Christmas. It is only day one I'm already thinking the day has gone by too fast. I've spent all day with my parents lounging around the house and catching up on the silly things. I've seen two of my best friends from high school and now it really is starting to feel a lot like Christmas...cold, rainy, and all. As soon as I walked in the house and put my stuff in my room, my mother and I were immediately talking DIY projects, things we've seen and been inspired by in the latest issues of our favorite glossies, and must haves to complete new outfits we've been dreaming up. I walked into her "office" (aka sewing room) and pulled up a picture of a fur collar styled with a sporty hoodie and purple blazer. "Where's the extra fox from my fur vest? I want to make a fur collar like that." Before I could get the words out or blink, this was thrown in my direction!

Does my mother know me or what?! We're still trying to figure out a cool and unique closure (instead of satin ribbon) but right now the verdict is either chains (punk) or pearls (sweet). TBD!

As if the fur wasn't enough...I was then presented with this 3/4 sleeve cowl neck sequin top. BANANAS! I saw it on Ebay a few weeks ago and she bid and won it for me! So excited to start wearing this, possibly sooner rather than later! Could be a very sparkly Christmas morning!

Nope still not done. I also got this white vintage petticoat. It's so big and puffy I can't even handle it. I threw it on under my dress, danced around the kitchen, and don't want to take it off. Already played dress up with it and have the perfect holiday party outfit in mind.

Like I said, do I have the best mother or what!?!? So excited to incorporate all these pieces into my WEARdrobe! Crossing my fingers that my vacation doesn't go by too fast and put me in a holidaze!!!!

What I'm Wearing Today (minus the petticoat):
Dress: Anna Sui for Target Go Tunic
Cardigan: Helmut Lang Striped Cardigan
Shoes: Steve Madden Cognac Knee High Boots
(I have blue hair...well streaks at least. Better picture tomorrow)!

1 comment:

Ruehlington said...

I die, when can I meet your mom. I love your commardary! Well done ladies!