10.21.2009

Trend Setter Vintage

I am more than happy to refer friends to my favorite stores, restaurants, hair stylist, tailor/seamstress. However there are some sacred precious apparel gems I will stubbornly keep to myself. When I find that one of a kind outlet, I keep it detained all to myself. After much contemplation today, I've decided that it is time to share this one specific fabulous find...

About a year ago I stumbled upon one of the most intriguing, inspiring, and fun vintage apparel sellers on eBay. Blogging world, I would like to introduce you to Trendsettervintage. Based out of L.A. the virtual boutique is headed by fashion obsessed that have a focus on the fashion and styles from the 1950's-80s. Here is where you'll find designers like Armani hanging out with the likes of polyester and rayon. You'll find archived department store labels, forgotten designers, nameless pieces, and tons of fabulousness to boot! This boutique is where my deep rooted adulation for sequins was encouraged. In a way I feel like Trendsettervintage has raised me... Schooled me in the knowledge of vintage, introduced me to lost silhouettes, and encouraged me to think outside of the box and form my own opinions, style, and point of view.

While this may sound a little like a eulogy, it partially feels like one. My secret is now revealed and the excitement I had for being the only knowing virtual shopper (aside from their other 8000+ viewers) is fading. I will still get just as excited and eager to look at the newly uploaded pieces and bookmark them in my eBay account... now I just have more competition! :)

Currently I'm watching the below styles. Bidders start your engine!



(all images from trendsettervintage)

1 comment:

Kirby Margaret said...

Loving the sequin blazer!