10.20.2009

Editor at Large, 6'7" To Be Exact

I've had two incredible fashion run in's in less than a week. Last night I was in Greenwich Village with a friend when I noticed a woman walking in front of us with the most beautiful fur. It was black, brown, and grey blend, that I think was rabbit. The shape was exquisite, the colors were phenomenal, and she wore it with such poise. As I turned to get one last look, I realized that the woman was with Andre Leon Talley. Again, not many people will stop me in my tracks, but of course the 6'7" fashion genius had his way with me! I nervously laughed to try and disguise my heart palpitations, dry throat, and sweating hands. I think a tear even welled up in just one eye!




The man has style... While his choices might be a little unconventional and sometimes quirky it's his strong conviction that makes you respect his choices and point of view. He has a clan of "mentees" (Mariah Cary, Tracy Reese, Venus Williams, Kimmora Lee Simmons, Jennifer Hudson, Rachel Roy) that fall to his feet for styling/designing advice. Why would you not? Talley has been a front row regular for fashion shows in New York, Paris, Milan, and London for 25 years.

Ahhh a man that has it all! Style, charisma, vision, and all the ladies wrapped around his finger!

1 comment:

JRenee said...

You should call his assistant Genevieve and get an interview. Afterall, you do have a sucessful, booming and highly viewed fashion blog.