10.19.2009

Pamela Pamela...How I LOVE Thee

I'm longing for this ring. I was looking at a couple different stylist websites over the weekend and found this on Mary Alice Stephenson's site. I can't get enough of this ring, all day I've been thinking of how I can recreate it in some way. It bestows equal parts of sophistication and edge. More appropriate than my usual three finger/brass knuckle ring and has more character than a simple band. I have this weird, probably misconstrued idea of my hands and feel as though they look more attractive when covered up.
It is literally wearable art.


I have such respect for designers that have perfected their craft and skills. Designers that go outside of the box and bring beauty to the things the rest of us look past or wouldn't think twice about. There are so many "pretty" things out there it can start to get monotonous. Especially when it comes to jewelry and accessories. I want something that is going to stand out, something robust. I've recently nestled into this nook of wanting to finish my look off with something a bit cryptic...inept...esoteric...unpredictable?! My look can be so pulled together that I need something to offset it and punch it up. I quickly flipped through Pamela Love's look book and found these two necklaces that I'm now drooling over.

human heart necklace

sword rosary

No comments: