10.23.2009

Grooms Girl I'm Not

Yesterday I embarked on a day of running around the city from every flea market or thrift store I could think of in search for cowboy boots to DIY. Unfortunately my day of cowboy boot shopping was unsuccessful. However, I didn't leave empty handed. With all the weddings and engagements occurring around me, I decided to invest in a pair of tuxedo pants. No, I'm not a grooms girl, just an adventurous fashionista trying to make it in this recession!


For years I have been trying to find the perfect tuxedo pant that wasn't too pleated and who's silhouette wasn't too boxy, bulky, or overwhelming. I debated on getting a navy wool pair but instead settled for a pair in classic black. I emptied out all the change in my purse to pay the $3 price tag! I came home and started imaging looks centered around the pants. Right now my current thought is rolling/cuffing the hem and pairing with my new P.Lim DIYed navy sweater (with black leather bows), and my future cognac DIYed cowboy boots. I can't wait!! Will hopefully post a wardrobe diary soon.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Holli said...

I know where you can find some cowboy boots!!!!!! Just got me another pair...it's a cute little place called Nashville, TN! I'm just saying!