10.26.2009

Fall Festivities and Fashion

This was the perfect weekend to indulge in fall activities. On Saturday my friends and I drove up to New Paltz, NJ to go apple picking. Lucky for us it stopped raining as soon as we stepped out of the car. The funny thing about the city is anytime we are leaving for "country suburbia" we think, Oh gosh, need to wear my plaid! I think it is an unconscious thing but humorous none the less. Sunday we spent the day in Prospect Park pumpkin carving.

Nate (our weekend sartorialist) snubbed a picture of Roxy and me walking in the apple orchard.

Me:
Lela Rose cashmere sleeve jacket
Urban Outfitters gray cardigan
Vintage men's plaid button down shirt
Target side zip leggings
H&M sunglasses
Lela Rose black patent belt
Thrifted cowboy boots (yes, those are bags covering the boots, didn't want them to get wet or muddy)

Roxy:
Michael Kors jacket
7 for All Mankind Roxanne Jeans
MoMa boots (purchased in Paris)
Carrera sunglasses
H&M headband

I laid an apple!

We love our plaid! My sweet friends Hilary and Rachel in the corn maze.

Tucked away in the apple box! Hilary, Shuffle, and Nae

I was obsessed with the critter corner! I took everyone's quarters to feed the animals. Kball styled her whole outfit around her hat. LOVE IT!!!!

One of my favorite fashion partners, dear friends, and inspiration. Ms. Pop Rocks! She's the epitome of coolness with an L.A. casual smoothness to her look.

An impromptu photo shoot with the most delicious apple!?!?! Maybe I'm just a tad angsty!

(all images by Nate Poekert)

2 comments:

lowleeta said...

angsty!

yes. love it. you took the words right out of my mouth.

Lauren said...

love it. Looks like you had a great time!