10.17.2009

DIY Cowboy Booties

I've been trying to help my friend Amy find the perfect pair of boots to take her through the winter. During our day long search, Amy stumbled to Free People and could have found one of the easiest DIY projects imaginable. A perfect take on vintage cowboy boots that are...in her words, "Awesome!" I couldn't agree more! The $300+ price tag made the, not buying these today list. I peered over at her computer and you could have read DIY all over my face. You and I both know that these are not worth that hefty price tag... and honestly I wouldn't pay more than $15 for them. My first thought was to run home and grab my vintage cowboy boots and instantly recreate the look, but realized that my boots have sentimental value and I'm just not ready to cut them up. So my goal for the next two weeks is to find a pair of vintage boots and give them a hack job (reinvent them for a more PC term). I will definitely post them as soon as they are complete, and hopefully wear them with a DIY skirt (made from a friend's old dress) I'm currently working on.

Amy, I owe you for this clutch find! Maybe even your own pair of DIY boots!



(all images from Free People)

No comments: