10.06.2009

Stuntman Style: Victor Paguia

The last couple of weeks I've been doing some personal shopping for my friend and neighbor Victor. He has quickly become one of my favorite shopping partners and clients because he's always up for anything and willing to experiment with his style. Today I pulled together three quick looks and took my turn behind the camera.


Weekend Look
* H&M green chunky knit cardigan
*Helmut Lang raw denim jeans
* J.Crew striped henley
*Clark suede boots

Who doesn't love a man in a cardigan?! I think Becky and I talked Victor into this purchase a while back. It's a great layering piece and a great alternative to a jacket when it's just cool enough to need a little coverage. Everyone should have a pair of raw denim jeans in their arsenal. They mold to your body like a second skin and develop character unique to each individual. The boots were a purchase V made on his own and I love them! He wore them around for a while and let them develop some added character and charisma before water proofing them for the winter. Smart!


International Date Night
*Phix military inspired jacket
* J. Crew button down shirt
*H&M wool trousers
*H&M skinny tie
*Officine Creative boots

Vic was definitely a little weary of the tie with the jacket and boots but I love the combo. Yes it might be a bit on the literal side of the military trend right now, but it is a departure from what he would normally choose to wear and that was the appeal. Push him just over the threshold of his comfort zone but still being relevant to who he is. After looking at this picture I've realized that much of the styling and look is inspired by Dsquared (you already know how I feel about the Canten brothers) and Coldplay... oh my subconscious! I think this would be a perfectly appropriate date ensemble for his trip to Paris!



Everyday- Go To
*H&M coat
*Urban Outfitters plaid shirt
*Corpus grey jeans
*Officine Creative boots

This is definitely Victor's everyday, go to look. I'm all for guys tucking jeans into boots right now and this opportunity was no exception. Last week Victor and I were shopping in Bloomingdales in Soho and stumbled upon these grey slim fit jeans by Corpus. The reason for the trip to Bloomies was actually to find a pair of boots and did we ever! 1930's military inspired boots just screamed for us to buy them. We didn't jump the gun, spent the day checking out our options, but when it came to it, nothing compared to the style, quality, or appeal of the Officine Creative boots. I'll have to post a close up of them cause the details are exquisite. The coat was another lucky happenstance purchase at H&M. It easily incorporates with so many things in his wardrobe but what I love most is it isn't just a boring black coat. It's actually navy and has great military inspired details to it. It won't be hard for him to replicate a similar look. This makes for a great template and base to mix and match with other things in his closet.

"Give a man a fish and he has food for one day. Teach a man to fish and...!" You get where I'm going with this!

1 comment:

Holli said...

Looking good Victor! Way to go Mo Mo! Love you!