10.05.2009

My Therapists

It's completely evident to anyone that knows me that I have a problem when it comes to fashion. I try to deal with it as best I can but sometimes I have to use the assistance of others to help me get through my debacle. So, I would like to introduce you to those that help me...my therapists Christophe Decarnin and Karl Lagerfield. A perfect example of my schizophrenic style, I'm in infatuated with two designers who's aesthetics couldn't be more different from one another....


I'll begin with Christophe Decarnin from Balmain. While the collection is all the craze right now you can't help but love what Decarnin dreams up every season. His Spring collection is army recruit meets Italian glitterati topped off with caveman couture. I'm pining for one of his military tail coats. After shopping with Victor for one, I think it's my turn at a strong shouldered military jacket dripping in metal epaulettes. And really who does it better than Balmain?! Decarnin understands my "rebellious" hard edge side. The me that doesn't take things too seriously and is always up for anything, who's wardrobe is a little louder intentionally making a statement for attention, but doesn't give it a second thought. Laid back, fearless, gregarious, bold, strong willed, informal... The me that can hold my own amongst the boys, gains respect from my peers, disarming to women...that thrives in my independence while reigning in on my sense of allure and percolating confidence.

And then there is Karl. The man that can dress a woman flawlessly for any event in her life. He has a strong point of view but expresses it in a softer more gentle way. He is just as undoubtedly innovative as he is pristine. His clothes exude Parisian chicness in a blase way. Karl identifies with the lady in me. The one that wants to look pulled together in an effortless way. The lady that is well mannered, likes to softly draw attention to herself with things that are more tailored, buttoned up, classic while still coming across as sensual in an intellectual way. Karl appeals to the OCD me that wants to be sharply dressed, refined, and in control.

Both men understand a woman, her body, how she feels, what she wants, and how she wants to perceived...probably better than most women understand themselves. They have honed in on their niche, strong following, their skills and gifts. They have an imagination and eye that conjures up these couture master pieces. They can direct a mood or feeling with a simple look and transform an attitude and posture in any woman with their clothes. Karl is one of the reasons why I fell in love with fashion and Christophe is the reason I'm continually excited, eager, and inspired by fashion. For me, these two designers are the heart beat to the fashion industry.

(all images from style.com)

1 comment:

hang me in your closet. said...

beauuuutifully written m'lady.