8.13.2010

Love LoGo...

When I was 3 years old I was Minnie Mouse for Halloween. My mom made me a pink polka dot dress that I wore at least once a week for probably a year. In the fourth grade I watched the MTV video music awards and dressed like TLC in the Waterfalls video (read::huge dork)! Senior year of high school I went to the Miss America pageant with a sketch pad in tow and scribbled down dress ideas, semi inspired by the contestants, for my mom to make for prom.

I've been in love with clothes, dressing up, and styling for as long as I can remember. I knew that I wanted to work in the fashion industry long before it seemed like it would become a reality. My mom introduced me to the not so serious philosophy of fashion/dressing and I wanted to take that idea and make it relatable to anyone-anywhere. Another reason I love and appreciate fashion can be summed up in two words... Lori Goldstein!! I don't remember when I fell in love with Lori and her work, but it's been an unrequited love affair ever since! In case you don't think you're familiar with her work, this should refresh your memory...

Cate Blanchett:: W Magazine

Rebecca Hall and Jon Hamm:: W Magazine


Rihanna:: W Magazine (I still get weak in the knees when I see this picture, THAT HAT!!!!).

Lori has this way of working with the clothes...as if she knows them intimately. The beauty in her styling is that there is no formula. She works from instinct, love, passion, and honesty. My favorite quote from the video is, "There is so much beauty but it's not superficial, cause it is really inspiring to women and to people..." Lori's work is art that tells a story, evokes emotion, and reconnects you to moments of your past. I have never looked at a piece of her work and not appreciated it for the angles, attention to detail, relevance, arrangement, fortitude, determination, femininity... The 20 year veteran knows what she's doing and how to draw people in. When trying to describe her to my friends the best I can do is... The Oprah of the Styling/Fashion world! It may not be the most logical reference but they get where I'm coming from. I would die to spend one day working with Lori and seeing her process for styling...from inspiration, brainstorming, shopping, every step along the way to execution.



Lori thank you for what you do, the beauty you bring into this world, and for the creativity you inspire!!!

{images by W Magazine, video by StyleCaster}

No comments: