8.14.2010

"I Do" Vintage...

Last night I received a call from one of my very best college friends that she is newly engaged. I screamed in the street I was so excited. I've been waiting for this moment (Katie and Matt congrats again)! Coincidentally I am attending a bridal shower today for one of my dearest friends here in the city. I was looking up wedding/engagement gifts and stumbled across these two pictures of brides. I love a vintage wedding dress. There is something ethereal and painfully chic about a bride wearing vintage, especially when it's done well, and accompanied by the perfect accessories.

Exhibit Bride A:: I'm head over white satin heels in love with this 1950's inspired dress. It's elegant, refined, has the best detailing at the shoulders and sleeves (sleeves seem to be making a wedding day comeback), and I believe the dress has a simple structured train. I'm thrilled that the bride opted for the bow instead of a birdcage veil...while they are gorgeous and draw attention to the face they are so expected now. The look is perfectly proportioned with a necklace, bracelet, pearl studs, and a faint burgundy pout!

Exhibit Bride B:: Lets cut to the chase here... Seriously her legs look a mile long with the perfect dose of toe cleavage!...smart girl! The simple white sheath and tailored coat are perfect for a courthouse ceremony or get away ensemble. The hat, gloves, and dainty purse are the chic accoutrements that make this look even more appealing and adorable...but in a sophisticated way! The look is structured but not stuffy, bold but not flamboyant.
{coco+kelley}

No comments: