8.20.2010

The New Grilled Cheese...

If I wasn't working in fashion, I would have gone to culinary school and who knows where I would be now. When I'm stressed I love to cook. Something about starting something and seeing it through completion at the work of my own hands is therapeutic. I don't work a lot with recipes, I just go with what I feel, create from happenstance or pull together flavors from past dining experiences. For some reason I have been craving grilled cheese sandwiches all week, which would normally happen in the cooler months with a cup of tomato soup. I can't remember where I saw this recipe or if there was even one but this is what has come out of my kitchen multiple times this week!

Apricot & Mozzarella Grilled Cheese on Sourdough Bread.

My makeshift recipe::
*1 apricot per sandwich (or more if you'd like) cut in half, pitted, and then sliced into small wedges
*sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar on the apricot
*a few slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
*2 pieces of sourdough bread
*butter on both sides of the sandwich

Yep it's really that simple and completely delicious. It has this sweet and tangy flavor...well just try it out for yourself! Do you have any delicious dishes to share?!!? Always in the market for a new go-to meal.

No comments: