8.10.2010

Guide To Getting Dressed...

Last summer I was living in a one bedroom apartment with 3 of my friends...It started as unofficial roommates and by August we were staying up all night having dance parties, family dinner, movie marathons, and carting suitcases through the lobby to our new humble abode (Becky, thank you still for letting us live with you uninvited). There were many weekend mornings Nate, Becky and I would get up ready for our first cup of Joe that was being postponed by the, "I don't know what to wear!" dilemma ringing in unison by both Becky and me. We were literally running across the street to grab our venti skim whatever else you want to add to it, only to be bringing it back to the couch so we could plan the rest of our day. None the less, Becky and I wanted to be appropriately costumed for fear (read hope) that we might run into the decadent European from 36j in the elevator or get snapped for street style blog. Nate's patience would slowly fade and we knew we better hurry up when the foot tapping/stomping began to ensue with outburst of, "We're walking 10 feet then coming back home!" and threats of, "I'm going to leave you both!" This routine took place every weekend for about six weeks!

Yes I know I was jolting across the street and it was "early" but that didn't and couldn't deter me from looking somewhat pulled together. Nothing has changed either, I still change to run down to the deli, pick up UPS boxes, and return library books. And not that I needed it, but I felt comforted and justified by this...


Style is like a muscle: You have to exercise it regularly or you'll lose it ~Nina Garcia
{illustration by ruben toledo}

1 comment:

natepoekert said...

point of note: I don't ever recall foot stomping or tapping my foot. The "we're walking ten feet" comments definitely.