8.02.2010

Fashion Bucket List:: If The Ring Fits...

I've tried to make a bucket list before but dismissed the notion...something about it just seemed a little, depressing to say the least. There are definitely things and places I want to see and visit but I view it as more of an if and when it happens kind of situation. It wasn't until last weekend when I was lunching/dressing up with two fashionable friends that I was introduced to the idea of a Fashion Bucket List. DUH!!! How had this not occurred to me before? For years I have been cutting, clipping, and flagging images of my "die or kill to have" pieces from each season. I neatly file them away for a rainy day when my laundry fund has doubled and a splurge on something fabulous seems more important than rushing home to make it to the wash and fold before they close. Ok, I don't do anything that extreme but I have thought about it.

After the discussion of the fashion bucket list I immediately returned home to look through my must have list that I vow to pass down to my daughter(s) one day. Not that I'm 100% satisfied with my closet, obviously that won't happen in the near future, but I got to thinking of what I would really want to invest in the next couple of months. It didn't take long for me to conclude that my jewelry collection is more than lackluster and needed to be redeemed with a piece that wasn't from F21, Urban Outfitters, or H&M.

I have been dreaming of the YSL Arty Ovale ring for longer than I would like to admit. It's a genuine piece of art that has a free form setting which makes the stone look like it's suspended above the finger. Ahhhhh heaven!


It's hard for me to decide which color I want more. I love the dark khaki color, it's unique and unexpected but the lapis is so vibrant and one of my favorite colors. If there is a black stone thrown into the mix, it will make this decision near impossible!

{images from saks fifth ave}

I don't treat myself often to larger price tag items, but this is definitely coming home with me on or before my birthday in September. I will post a small portion of my fashion bucket list soon. I can't wait for the day to cross this YSL ring off!


1 comment:

Annette | Bucket List Journey said...

What a greeat idea to have a fashion bucket list! I can't wait to see what else will be on yours and to start mine. Good luck!