8.18.2010

Bucket List...

A couple weeks ago I mentioned the YSL Ovale ring and how it has found company with an assortment of pieces that make up the beginning to my fashion bucket list. I've been literal about my list and started to write down and compile images of my coveted fashion favorites. So without further adieu, here is a sneak peak in no particular order...


Fendi peekaboo bag:: Since moving to NYC I've overcome the age of monogrammed handbags. I may revisit it again later in life, but right now I'm looking for something that is classic and versatile. I work with a stylist who owns this bag and still the hot pink lining makes me weak in the knees. The structure, the quality...it's just so on point and timeless. Which explains the colossal price tag. One day....just one of these days!

Chanel 5018:: I've been in love with these since the day I laid eyes on them! I have quite a collection of sunnies that won't be complete until these are in my possession. Everything about the jet black tint with just a sliver of lucidity keeps these chic and mysterious. I'm a people watcher so these are the perfect pair for such a sport!

Miu Miu Platforms:: I know some of you are thinking these would be silly to have because they will be "dated," but I feel in 5 years they will still be as iconic, whimsical, and relevant. Anyone who doesn't own a piece from this season will be kicking themselves in the years to come for not snagging a piece from the collection...and I don't want to be a part of that crowd!

Hermes Belt:: Simply in love with this belt. It has the ability to add instant glamour. Wrapped around the smallest part of your waist or through the belt loops of your favorite pants the Medor belt can elevate the stature of an outfit or make it critically casual.

J. Mendel Fur:: My deep obsessive love for fur stems from Karen Robinovitz (she taught me to truly appreciate and embrace fur from her book Adventures in 4 Inch Heels) and my passion has been encouraged at the work of my mother's hands (exhibit A). In lame man's terms I LOVE FUR, and who does it better than J. Mendel?! Season after season I dream of what will come down the runway and drool over Mendel's luscious fur creations that are exquisitely draped, accessorized, and in perfect proportions.

Proenza Schouler Boots:: If you've followed this blog during a few fashion seasons you're aware of my uncontrollable adoration for all things PS. I click my heels together three times in hopes that the looks will walk off the runway and into my closet. The duo can do no wrong in my eyes and that includes their shoes and accessories. When I saw these embroidered lace up boots I swore I had died. It wasn't until I saw these shoes that I realized one day many years from now, I want to be sitting on the subway wearing these shoes with salt/pepper hair, an Iris Apfel/Zelda Kaplan ensemble, and knitting/embroidering while on my way to meet some friends for brunch.

Givenchy Jacket:: After fur, leather is my favorite indulgence. So you can only imagine by sheer joy and mere disbelief when I saw the studded leather jackets that marched down the 2007 runway. I searched near and far to find studs of enormous magnitude only to conclude ***sigh*** that anything I could makeshift wouldn't compare to the real deal.

So there you have it, the beginnings to a long and incomplete list of new/old fashion archive favorites. More to come in due time. Until then what are some of your coveted fashion pieces?!?

No comments: