8.23.2010

Nice Fanny...

Last winter a group of my friends and I crowded together in an apartment on the Upper East Side to talk about how we could bring our collective talents and resources to the Andean region of South America to serve a community of kids. That night along with many other conversations a non profit envisioned by my friend Shay and supported by our group of friends and industry professionals was formed called Alegria.

We are a group of New York City artists coming together to create art with the 800 children at La Sagrada Familia Community in Lima, Peru. We believe in the inherent value of expression through creativity. Our first trip leaves this Saturday, August 28th and we will return September 8th.

I'm beyond thrilled and honored to be a part of this team and can't wait to spend time with these creative and beautiful kids. In true form, I have/am procrastinating my prep and packing for the trip. For the most part I know what I'm bringing and to my own surprise, I'm trying to be as minimalist as possible. The only thing I'm still in search for is some kind of day pack to replace my North American version of a purse. I saw this little fanny pack and it's speaking to me! We shall see if I can find an equally adorable and suitable version for my trip, sans booty shorts!

{garance dore}

Want to know more about Alegria, check out our website and blog here. We will be updating the blog while we are in Lima so you can keep up to date.

No comments: