8.15.2010

DIY Fix...

{vinnie merlot}

Last Tuesday I was invited to the Fenton Fallon store down at Freeman Alley to meet CFDA-nominated jewelry designer Dana Lorenz. I was in the company of some of the most stylish and creative fashion bloggers to learn to DIY our own (one of a kind) necklaces. The jewelry 101 class was so much fun and exactly what I needed to kick start my DIY fashion fix...

We had the most incredible treats to snack on while hard at work. The cookies (so delish) are from Cookies.com.
{vinnie merlot}

Walking into the store was like being a kid in a candy store. When we arrived, there were tables overflowing with all sorts of pearls, chains, pendants, charms, everything... even cocktail glasses filled with Divvies jelly beans!
{vinnie merlot}

After sifting through all the available materials, Dana gave us a rundown of how to secure various components along with other helpful tips and tricks. I set up camp with a pair of pliers, battalion of friends, and a U'Luvka Vodka cocktail. It took me a while to figure out exactly what I wanted my necklace to look like, and even the finished product is different (but better) than the original idea.
{vinnie merlot}

It took a bit longer than I expected to finish my necklace, but I'm so in love with it. I had the best time making it (even when my fingers were throbbing). And just because the front of the necklace has a lot going on, I couldn't neglect the back...so I added the black flower pendent to give it so added charm! I give you the Coco Canal x Fenton Fallon necklace!

I ran into some old friends at the event, and walked away with new ones as well!
{all images vinnie merlot}

As we finished our necklaces and were leaving we had our photo snapped wearing our self designed pieces. {Top L-R} Wendy of Nitrolicious, Julia from Fashion Pulse Daily, Christina for DeSmitten (one of the first people I met when I moved to the city...it's been too long since we've seen each other), and yours truly!

Dana and Karen...Thank you so much for hosting the event and allowing us to make our very own Fenton Fallon inspired jewels!!!!

No comments: