4.27.2010

Serengeti In The City...

{marie claire}

Everywhere I look there seems to be an influence of culture infiltrating. A few posts back {here} I talked about editing down my spring/summer look and honing in on an industrial/bohemian aesthetic...still not sure what that means. However, I'm equating my desired look to have an air of culture to it. I fell in love with the printed skirts at Dries von Noten (don't even get me started on his mixology genius when it comes to prints). I've been turning my closet upside down this week trying to find an old over sized scarf turned sarong to use as inspiration...then I remembered that I must have unconsciously given the scarf to a college roommate as I was cleaning out my closet for the move to the city (kicking myself for that one). To make up for my loss I will be purchasing and possibly DIY-ing a new one while home in Texas.

{style.com}

Can we please talk about this head wrap on Vika Gazinskaya. DYING! I love the bold colors and the way she has twisted it to make what looks like a Mohawk. As soon as I saw these images I took the scarf off my neck to give it a try. I've got the beginning stages assembled and just need a more vivacious scarf and pattern to pull it off. It doesn't hurt either that she has a beautiful and flawless complexion.
{hanelli.com}

No comments: