4.21.2010

The More HUE Know...

There is something to be said for a person that knows themselves well. When they are confident and comfortable with who they are, it brings out their best, most creative, vulnerable, real self which is expressed in/through their craft. For Phoebe Philo of Celine, that means a collection that resonates with every woman and reverberates among fashion industry walls. Philo's spring collection is perfection! She took a more than basic color and transformed it into a fashion phenomenon (of sorts). Ladies and Gents can't get enough of it. Take a neutral color and make it animated through fabulously distinct and well constructed silhouettes. The focus then is highlighted in quality and sophistication (ie, the wide leg pants, my absolute favorite...HELLO LOVER!).

{style.com}


{marieclaire.com}
I'm not sure what could be sexier than a pair of nude heels. They truly are any girl's best friend, adding miles of length to your legs. Stumbled upon the CL for Philip Lim shoes yesterday and I'm cursing the day Becky left Louboutin to move to London! The stud detail down the middle is killing me. I pine, I burn, I perish! Yesterday I was running an errand with a new friend and was introduced to the black version of the Aldo heel. What a coincidence when I came home browsing the web and landed at the nude version. The silhouette is uber sexy and you can't beat the price.

{marieclaire.com}
I am a hot mess when it comes to bags. My purse-onality is to carry the bag that allows me to carry my life around in it like a suitcase. I tend to stick to darker colors because you never know what can happen with a pen in my hand...or even worse what I might accidentally set my bag into. "When I grow up" I imagine carrying something along the lines of the Kate Spade bag for a night out to dinner with the girls or for a date night. The A.P.C. bag is my dream come true...rich supple suede in a generous shape that allows for all my belongings to be cast away to the bottom (it's true with any bag I carry, even when compartments are provided).

{shopbop.com; topshop.com}
I have the hardest time wearing shorts, I've just never been a fan. It seems easier and more convenient to throw on a skirt and call it a day. When I saw these Thakoon shorts though, I thought, that's it. I'm all about the twisted and rouched detail. The length is ideal for days running around the city or for being on set. When I went to the TopShop/Nylon Anniversary party (here) I fell in love with this long lace skirt that is sans lining. I paraded around the store with it in hand and returned it to the rack at the end of the night, knowing I could get the same skirt for free if I brought it to my mother's attention (she's in the process of making me a few in different colors). I loved how sheer the skirt is...a demure silhouette in a feminine, perfect for spring fabric. And I love the look of wearing a pair of nude leggings underneath for a buoyant illusion.

{jcrew.com; lefashion.blogspot.com}
I'm in love with this J.Crew dress. Just a hint of color to keep it from fading into the background. It looks comfortable, easy, and appropriate for many an occasion. Fortunately for me, I don't need an occasion or excuse for this number. I'd wear it on a gorgeous day like today when breakfast hang out, coffee shop work day, and non-profit planning is on the agenda. I'm lusting for the denim/khaki top in the LeFashion image. Such a cool hybrid to incorporate two spot on spring/summer trends. The trend fusion is equally balanced and exalted when yoked with a tonal romper. I'm heading home to Texas in a few weeks, and for some reason I am most DIY productive when I'm there. So on the list of "to-do's::"

*Light Weight Long Cream (family) dress with a pop of color...Thinking hot pink for this one!
*Denim-Khaki Shirt Fusion...Love the look of the denim cuffs
Mom, get ready...we have some work in store for us!

No comments: