4.26.2010

Manhattan Vintage...


Last Friday afternoon I met up with Leonora and Felicia, old friends and two designers at Lela Rose. I haven't seen them in literally a year and we were long over due and in desperate need of some quality hang out time to catch up on life! I met them at the Manhattan Vintage Show down in Chelsea, and really couldn't have asked for a better venue. We sashayed between booths as we ogled some of fashion history's most beautiful, questionable, confusing, glamorous, iconic garments. The no picture policy was of course enforced so nothing to show for the trip, but you can imagine what we were in the presence of.

I walked up to one booth examining a pile of shoes and then a rack of khaki hoopla (that was AMAZING) paying no attention to the man running the booth. As I dismissed myself, Lee brought to my attention the baroque and painfully cool gentlemen running the booth. As I tried to take a discreet glance back I realized it was Amir Toos. A flamboyant regular at The Satorialist, and a gentlemen that I think has made an art of dressing/styling. You can check out his style profile here. The day was incredible...great friends and conversation surrounded by beautiful clothes and accessories.

{the satorialist}

No comments: