4.12.2010

Robinovitz's Return to Me...

The end of my sophomore year of college is when I realized that I would make a career for myself in the fashion industry...and I was determined. I spent the summer working retail jobs, in charge of all visual displays, and read as many fashion related books as I could get my hands on. To this day, I really couldn't tell you what books I had read except one. While home for a week or so during that summer, I picked up a copy of The Fashionista Files co-written by Karen Robinovitz.

{amazon.com}

I think I read it cover to cover in one sitting. I couldn't put it down. I made a mental note to visit the Woodbury Common Outlet mall with girlfriends once I moved to NYC, the book triggered my love for fur, and it even conjured up the audacity to let me inform my engaged friends that I was wearing what I wanted to their wedding and didn't need to be a bridesmaid!! I fell in love with Melissa and Karen's voice, point of view, and passion for all things fashion.

Over the last couple of weeks I haven't stopped hearing of Purple Lab NYC, Robinovitz's beauty brand. I'm so excited to have her back in my life again (figuratively speaking). I love make up but haven't gotten this excited for a beauty brand in a long while (other than my orange lipstick). Each item has an adorable and creative name...Lashionista Modelista, Cheek Implants, Huge Lips Skinny Hips. As if that weren't enough the products are made with components/ingredients that condition and revitalize your skin and face. No extra steps are needed before applying...Swipe on the eyeliner/mascara combo and you're conditioning from the follicle to the tip, and that's just the beginning of it all. Check out the website and blog to get more information about how the brand is changing the beauty industry and what you apply daily.

I'm determined to get my hands on after dark lashionista modelista which contains diamond dust for a subtle sparkle...after all diamonds are a girl's best friend no?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so honored! Thanks for all the love!

MWAH!
Karen