4.07.2010

Coffee Talk...

Two weeks ago I opened my email like any other morning excepting to find a few relevant emails, a lot of spam, and hopefully something interesting to do or see. As I sifted through one email after another I opened one that caught me totally off guard. I was being contacted by someone I had blogged about. I kept rereading the email in disbelief. Back in October I wrote about 18 year old Susannah Temko who beat cancer and introduced the fashion world to a facility/program that is determined to help other teens do the same (click here to see the post). I fell in love with the article she was featured in by British Vogue and believe in the awareness, support, and cause she is active in. On Monday I had the pleasure and privilege to meet Suz during her gap year trip around the US.

Monday afternoon in front of the Flatiron Building I met Suz and her friend Charlotte for lunch in Madison Square Park. I was so anxious and excited to meet the two. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to sit in the park, welcome each other into our lives, and have silly, girly, uninterrupted coffee talk! We did the initial introduction questions...where we are from, our interests, etc. By the time we finished our food it was like the three of us were old friends catching up. We divulged embarrassing stories, talked about our passions, confessed our celeb crushes, retold stories of friends like we were all acquaintances, discussed fashion, tales from our travels, boys...It was the best coffee talk I've had in a while.

What seemed like half an hour of hanging out was actually two hours and counting. We wrapped up on conversation, vowed to keep in touch and visit one another, and I saw them off to the train. I was so sad to say goodbye, I had the best time with them and look forward to visiting them in England!

Suz and me in Madison Square Park... How gorgeous is she?!

Suz, me, and Charlotte... I adore both of these women. They are smart, beautiful, well rounded, passionate, and hilarious... such a breath of fresh air.

Please come back and visit soon ladies!

No comments: