4.07.2010

Wardrobe Diaries:: Broken Hearted

Monday after hanging out with my two new friends, Suz and Charlotte, I met up with Roxy to sit on her roof and enjoy the rest of the perfect spring day. On the walk to the east side, we ducked into a few thrift/vintage stores just to snoop around. We walked into the City Opera Thrift store and greeting me at the door were two racks of furs. I took a quick glance but didn't want to fall in love for fear of having a broken heart. I flipped through the other racks in the store and while waiting for Roxy to check out I accidentally tried on the best fur of all times. It was super heavy, deliciously cozy, and assuming out of my price range (I didn't look at the tag, but anything over free is out of the picture)!

Roxy wouldn't let me leave without a quick pic to document my broken heart.

We then slipped into Goodwill. I was rounding the corner to flip through skirts when I found this delight hanging 3 inches from the floor. Immediately I held it in the air proclaiming my victory. Last summer I scored an amazing elephant belt (introduced here) and now it looks like I'm at the start of a great collection.

I'm obsessed with this light on Roxy's roof...and no it's not a McDonald's heat lamp!

Top:: Borrowed from Becky's suitcase.
Pants:: Sequin harem pants my mother made
Shoes:: Target silver bubble sandals
Belt:: Gap sage double wrap belt, permanently borrowed from my mother

No comments: