4.05.2010

Wardrobe Diaries:: Perfect Proposal


{chinae alexander}

My weekend started off with the most amazing day trip. Friday early afternoon I met a group of my friends at Grand Central Station to head up to Cold Spring, NY. If you haven't been, you must! It's a little over an hour train ride up the Hudson and drops you off right in the heartbeat of the town. It's home to quaint antique shops, delicious restaurants, and beautiful scenery. My friends and I love to escape the city for a quick trip whenever possible but this trip was for a stealth mission. My friend Eric whisked his girlfriend Amy away Thursday night to Cold Spring for the perfect surprise proposal. We sent a fake email out earlier in the week for a BBQ in Prospect Park to throw off the mission. Amy was under the impression that she would be surprising us with the engagement at the BBQ, but we snuck around Cold Spring getting food and champagne for a picnic on the river. We set everything up on blankets and crouched down by a wall to surprise Amy as her and Eric took a walk before "boarding the train."

!!!SURPRISE!!!

{nate poekert}

Clearly she was surprised and so excited to see us there! We spent the rest of the day lounging in the sun's rays, eating, sipping mimosas, and ended the night with a beautiful dinner on a patio overlooking the river. It was such a special moment to be a part of. I couldn't imagine two people more perfect for each other. I'm so excited for their lives to be joined!


Post engagement

{eric ryan anderson}

She's glowing!

{eric ryan anderson}


All of us returning to Grand Central Friday night! I couldn't ask for a better group of friends to do life with in this city!

{nate poekert}

Went down to the water to see exactly how cold it really was...FREEZING!

{eric ryan anderson}

Took a quick pic because I'm in love with this bag. It's the bag I purchased the other day at Salvation Army. It is lovingly referred to as the jimbay!

Dress:: F21 love turquoise tube dress
Scarf:: borrowed from Nate as the sunset. I was freezing
Bag:: ethnic wicker bag from Salvation Army.
Glasses:: Urban Outfitter aviator sunnies
Bracelets:: assorted bangles inherited from Becky

And here is another image of the new haircut. So in love with it...It's staying around for a while!

{nate poekert}